When it comes to choosing a water heater, many homeowners are left with the decision of whether to go for a traditional tanked water heater or a more modern, tankless water heater. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages, but one question that is often asked is which one is more cost-effective in the long run. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at the differences between the two and see if a tankless water heater can help you save money on your energy bills.
Tanked Water Heaters:
Most people are familiar with the tanked water heater. It’s a large, cylindrical tank that stores and heats water, ready to be used when needed. Here are some things to consider:
- Tanked water heaters are typically less expensive to purchase and install than tankless water heaters.
- They are generally less efficient than tankless water heaters because they constantly heat water, even when you’re not using it.
- A typical tanked water heater will last between 8-12 years, but may need to be replaced sooner if it’s not maintained properly.
Tankless Water Heaters:
A tankless water heater is a newer, more energy-efficient option that has been gaining popularity in recent years. Instead of storing hot water in a tank, it heats water on demand as it flows through the unit. Here are some things to consider:
- Tankless water heaters are more expensive to purchase and install than tanked water heaters.
- They are generally more efficient than tanked water heaters because they only heat water when it’s needed, which can save energy and money on your utility bills.
- A typical tankless water heater will last between 20-25 years, which is significantly longer than a tanked water heater.
Which is the Better Investment?
While a tanked water heater may be less expensive to purchase and install, a tankless water heater can save you money in the long run because of its energy efficiency and longer lifespan. According to Energy.gov, a tankless water heater can save you up to 30% on your energy bill compared to a tanked water heater. Additionally, a tankless water heater can potentially pay for itself over time with the energy savings it provides.
Bell Cow Service Company – Your Water Heater Experts
Whether you’re in need of a new water heater or simply considering upgrading, the professionals at Bell Cow Service Company are here to help. Our team of experienced technicians can provide you with expert advice and guidance on which water heater is right for your home and budget. And with our convenient financing options, you can get the water heater you want without breaking the bank.
Contact us today for all your water heater repair, maintenance, and installation needs.