There’s nothing like a refreshing glass of water on a hot summer day, but what happens when that water tastes a little funny? If you’ve noticed a change in the taste or smell of your home’s water, don’t worry. There are several reasons why this can happen, and there are easy solutions to fix the problem.
Common reasons your home’s water may taste funny
- Chlorine: Many municipalities add chlorine to the water supply to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. While chlorine is safe to drink, it can give your water a distinct taste and smell.
- Hard water: Hard water contains high levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium. This can give your water a metallic or bitter taste.
- Old pipes: If you have old pipes in your home, they can leach contaminants into your water supply, which can affect the taste and smell.
So, what can you do to fix the problem? One solution is to install a whole-home water filter. These filters remove impurities from your water supply, giving you clean, fresh-tasting water throughout your home.
What is a whole home water filter?
A whole-home water filter is a filtration system that is installed at the point where water enters your home. The filter removes impurities such as sediment, chlorine, and other contaminants from the water supply, providing clean water to every faucet, shower, and appliance in your home.
Benefits of a whole home water filter
- Improved water quality: A whole-home water filter removes impurities from your water supply, ensuring that your water is clean and safe to drink.
- Better taste and smell: Removing contaminants such as chlorine and sediment can improve the taste and smell of your water, making it more enjoyable to drink.
- Protection for your plumbing: Impurities in your water supply can cause buildup in your plumbing fixtures and appliances, leading to damage and costly repairs. A whole-home water filter can help protect your plumbing system from damage.
- Health benefits: Clean water is essential for good health. By removing contaminants from your water supply, a whole-home water filter can help you maintain good health and prevent illnesses caused by contaminated water.
How to change a water filter
It’s important to change your water filter regularly to ensure that it continues to function properly. Most filters need to be changed every six months to a year.
- Turn off the water supply to your home.
- Locate the filter housing unit.
- Remove the old filter cartridge.
- Insert the new filter cartridge.
- Reattach the filter housing unit.
- Turn the water supply back on.
Choose Bell Cow to upgrade your home’s water quality!
In addition to changing your water filter, it’s also a good idea to have your plumbing system inspected regularly by a professional. The plumbing experts at Bell Cow Service Company can identify any potential issues before they become major problems, ensuring that your home’s water supply remains safe and clean.
At Bell Cow Service Company, we offer a wide range of plumbing repair, maintenance, and service solutions to keep your home’s water supply in top shape.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced plumbers.